RainBird WR2 Wireless Rain Sensor
Rain sensors are becoming “must have” components for irrigation systems these days. Rain Bird have designed the WR2 Wireless Rain Sensor with revolutionary features, this sensor saves time, improves system performance and enhances your reputation as a water management expert.
Reliable signal transmission and other innovations deliver superior responsiveness to rainfall, while user friendly features cut installation and programming time in half. Choose your own rainfall set points and save up to 35% on water usage while promoting lush and beautiful landscapes.
Installs faster with one-person
Rain Bird designed the WR2 so that one person can install it quickly and easily. Signal strength is displayed on both the sensor unit and the controller interface. The sensor's innovative versatile mounting bracket quickly attaches securely to a gutter or any vertical surface, such as a fence or wall.
Easier to use and program
Programming the WR2 is simplified for fast set-up. In just a few seconds, you can select set points, program the irrigation modes and save your default. On the controller interface, all settings are displayed on the easy-to-read LCD screen, so you can see signal strength, rain and temperature set points, battery life and more at a glance. Unlike other rain sensors, the WR2 has a long-lasting battery that's quick and easy to replace.
Superior signal reliability
Signal strength is displayed on the controller interface using familiar cell phone icons. Dual antennas safeguard the system from signal interference by radios, mobile phones and power lines. The WR2 system overcomes most line-of-sight obstructions so you have freedom in locating the sensor. Weather data is updated every 45 seconds to ensure the most reliable communication between sensor and controller
- Suitable for use with 24 VAC controllers (with or without pump start / master valve)
- Electrical rating suitable for use with up to six 24VAC 7VA solenoids plus an additional master valve or pump start that does not exceed 53VA
- Controller Interface Wire: 76 cm length of #22 gauge (0.64 mm) UV resistant extension wire
- FCC approved spread spectrum 2 way radio transceivers with FCC Class B approvals
- Signal transmission distance of 213.4 meters (Line of Sight)
- Battery life: four or more years under normal operating conditions
- 6 KV surge / lightning protection
- Adjustable rainfall settings from 3 – 13 mm
- Adjustable low temperature settings from 0.5° – 5°C
- Three irrigation modes to select: Programmed, Suspend Irrigation for 72 hours, Override sensor for 72 hours
- The WR2-48 model replaces the Suspend Irrigation for 72 Hours mode with 48-Hour Irrigation Hold Active mode
- "Quick Shut Off” suspends active irrigation cycle within approximately two minutes
- High-grade, UV resistant polymer units resist harmful environmental effects