Chemforce Stain Protector
- Maximum water and oil repellence for optimal stain protection
- Super-penetrating, permanent bonding technology for super protection against, efflorescence, picture framing, salt spalling, freeze-thaw spalling.
- Optimized for most types of porous building material/surface, from natural stone to brick, terracotta, concrete, and saltillo.
- Retains surface color and finish
- Highly breathable, allows water vapor to escape freely, and limits harmful moisture buildup inside the treated material.
- Stands up to commercial cleaning methods.
- Treated surfaces remain to look good for longer and are easier to clean.
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL, INCONSPICUOUS AREA FIRST. Allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of any residues.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 5-35°C (40 – 95°F).
- DO NOT thin product
- Generously apply STAIN-PROTECTORTM using low pressure hand sprayer, brush or microfiber / wool applicator. Very porous surfaces should have a mirror like wet look for at least 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Leave to penetrate for at least 10 minutes.
- Before it dries on the surface, apply a second generous coat.
- Total application rate (for both coats combine) is one litre per 4 to 20 sqm depending on surface absorption.
- After minimum 10 minutes but, before the second coat dries, thoroughly polish the surface with clean, white absorbent cotton or microfiber towels (or similar) to remove ALL product residue. If residue has begun to dry, moistening a cloth with Stain ProtectorTM to ease removal.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. alcohol or mineral spirits to clean equipment.
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application.
NOTE: Sealer will NOT prevent surface etching, scuff marks or mechanical wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. Stain Protector repels water and oil, but not solvents, so solvent based materials, such as marking pen ink can still stain the treated surface, but will penetrate less, and be easier to remove. All spills should be cleaned up immediately to minimize absorption